The key to maximizing your roofing business’s profitability is to keep the material and labor costs down while securing a steady flow of new clients. Roofs do not last forever, so marketing a roofing company is an essential part of the business plan.
Building an SEO for roofing contractors is not an easy job. It can be time-consuming and requires serious investment together with devotion.
Without a solid roofing marketing plan, you may end up sending your potential customers to the competition and losing money.
This article will present you with the best roofing SEO marketing strategies to take your roofing business to the next level.
Hire an SEO Agency
In today’s world, digital marketing is essential for business development. A great SEO company will make your life easier and help you focus on what you do the best – your roofing business. So, feel free to get some help.
At Einstein Covey, we deliver measurable results for roofing business owners. Our specialists at SEO campaigns, PPC campaigns, and web design know how to get your site on top of Google’s search.
Look at us as your partners, as an extension of your team that shares your goals and dreams. Stay up to date on the latest trends and changes. Contact us, and we will be able to generate more roofing leads together.
dipiscing elit. Ut elit tellus, luctus nec ullamcorper mattis, pulvinar dapibus leo.
Create Your Business Website
Think of your website as an online base for your roofing business; it is more than your digital business card. Visitors should enjoy visiting your website and continue scrolling.
It should be easy to understand, navigate, and quick to load. It is essential to provide a clear description of your business, with interesting and memorable content. Use high-quality graphics and easy-to-read fonts. Pages that are standard for small business websites include:
- Home page
- About us
- Contact us
Your phone number and contact information need to be huge, visible, and easy to spot. Call to action – simple text with a clickable button or a hyperlink should also be present to motivate your potential customers to contact you.
Personalize your website, with the pictures of your staff and management, before/after photos, and behind-the-scenes videos.
Your website should be mobile-friendly because some research says that local mobile searches grew over 900% in just 2 years, so it needs to be designed to work just as seamlessly on a smartphone as it does on a PC.
Roofing Keyword Research
In terms of SEO, keywords are words and phrases that searchers enter into the search engine to find something they need.
Doing proper keyword research can help you generate more online traffic and ultimately more sales. You can make a basic list of roofing SEO keywords on your own, so choosing more relevant, higher-volume keywords could give you the best results.
Some of the most common keywords in the roofing industry include location-specific keywords. They are made of general roofing terms + a city/town/place. Here are some examples of location-based keywords:
- [Your place] + Roofing
- [Your place] + Roof Replacement
- Roofers in [Your place]
- [Your place] + Roofing Company
- [Your place] + Roof Repair
- [Your place] + Commercial Roofers
Just keep in mind if you target different service keywords for roofing SEO, make sure you create a page for each service you want to provide. For “commercial roofing” keywords, you need to have a commercial service page.
The next step you need to make is to implement keywords throughout your roofing website.
There are various keyword research tools to make your job easier, like Google Keyword Planner.
SEM (Search Engine Marketing) or PPC (Pay-Per-Click) Advertising
SEM or widely known as PPC, is a model of internet marketing where the advertisers pay a fee each time someone clicks on their ad. They bid on keywords and ad placement in a search engine when someone searches the keyword related to the advertiser’s business.
How does it work?
- You set up the highest amount of money you are willing to spend (Cost-Per-Click Bid).
- Google chooses a set of winners based on the quality of landing pages, relevance of keywords, and size of the keywords bids.
- Google then multiplies the Cost-Per-Click Bid and Quality Score, which stands for a landing page quality, relevance, and click-through rate is altogether taken into account.
- You end up paying the minimum amount you can pay for the position you win if someone clicks your ad.
- In this way, the winners reach potential customers at a cost-fitting budget.
Google Ads is the most popular PPC advertising system and can be a beneficial part of roofing SEO marketing.
Google My Business
If you do not have a Google My Business profile, it is time you create one.
You can either sign in with a pre-existing Google account, or you can create a new one.
It is free, so it makes it an affordable marketing tool for roofing companies. Use the right keywords where possible. Add logo and cover photo, contact info, post images that are quality and look professional.
Keep your account accurate and up-to-date.
Make sure you fill out your complete profile because it will improve your search ranking.
Social Media Account(s)
They are so cost-effective, so why not include them in your roofing marketing plan? It can work well, but you need to have a well-developed plan.
- Use visual material and get creative to highlight your projects, inform your followers, or present your unique job in detail using pictures and videos. Integrate things like weather, holidays, even current pop culture with your roofing business. You will never know what will engage your customers, so be flexible and try.
- Update regularly for a stronger social presence. Be active, ask your followers about the type of content they are interested in, or repurpose old content and bring a new life to it. Make sure your address, phone number, and email are up to date.
- Promote your brand and use CTAs. Even if you provide helpful info, it is ok to promote your roofing business now and then. Share your posts with the followers and ask them to do the same. Remind them to visit your website and follow your other social channels.
- Get an icon on your roofing website with a link to your social media profile to ensure your growing social presence will not go unnoticed.
- Be consistent because you do not want a potential customer to visit your social media profile to find out you have not updated since 2018.
Create a Yelp Page
Yelp is essentially the online version of the yellow pages. It provides a nearby recommendation when people search for local businesses. It is an excellent option for roofing contractors because it is free and offers you a great opportunity to attract customers. Follow these 3 simple steps to get started:
- Go to Yelp for Business
- Enter an email address and password to create a business user account.
- Verify your account by entering a verification code which you will get in an email.
Customers can leave a review, and you can respond to them quickly. You can add photos, working hours, phone number, email, and website; even you can track your customers’ activity.
Email Marketing Campaign
Sending a commercial message to the customers and prospects via email is a highly effective part of roofing marketing strategies.
You can use lead generation software to make your email list with the right people on it. After that, you need to attract people to leave you their emails, usually using a lead magnet. It is something extraordinary you offer for free in exchange for the email address, for example, eBooks, a webinar, a coupon, tips&tricks, etc. – simple and easy to use.
Personalize your emails because it is far more effective to speak to a person. Write like a friend and make your potential customer anticipate your emails. In this age of information, we are all seeking the reason to ignore emails, not to read them. So, write awesome content every time, and customers are more likely to read the content next time.
Include CTAs, with large buttons that stand apart from the rest of the page. Focus on the value you offer (for example, a discount) and foster the potential roofing customer’s curiosity.
Google Reviews help potential customers choose YOUR roofing business and build trust. Reviews also improve your local business ranking, increase your roofing business‘s credibility, drive local roofing SEO, and provide essential feedback.
First, you need to claim ownership on the Google My Business platform. Make your listing look good and stand out by including all the relevant information together with high-resolution photos.
Then you can invite your customers to leave reviews; make the process as easy as possible. Explain to them why online reviews are important for your roofing business, how they will be receiving the invite (email or text message), and when they will be receiving the invite.
A word-of-mouth impression drives at least 5X more sales than a paid advertising; it turns your satisfied customers into brand advocates.
So, feel free to try the recommendation tactics, with a bit of encouragement in the form of a coupon, discount, or free roof inspection for the customer who sends you a new one.
New customers tend to be more trusting of your service since they were warmed up from a trusted source, plus it leads you to your target audience – people who need a roof repair or replacement.
Customers who read your blog are more likely to visit your website. Driving traffic to your website will improve your roofing SEO.
It is essential to provide high-quality content to make a potential customer interested and make him/her want to check back for any updates. It can also be a good tool for building your email list.
Ideas for blog posts are endless. Here are some:
- Posts about stuff that endangers roofs
- Post about common roof problems
- How-to Posts
- Posts about roof support problems
- The cost of repairing, patching, and replacing a roof
- Solar panel issues
- Advances in roof technology
- Roof ventilation issues